This tutorial assumes you have already downloaded and installed the academic version of Statlets. If not, please press the [Links] button, go to Statlets web site and download and install it on your computer. This tutorial also assumes that the data come from a sample. If your data encompasses the entire population of interest, you should use another tutorial.
How to Calculate Summary Statistics Using Statlets
1. When you start Statlets, the following spreadsheet should appear. If not, click on the "File" pull down window and select "New."
2. Click on "Col_1" and the entire row should become shaded.
3. Type a new variable name, let's use "Weight" then press return: Then enter the following numbers, pressing return after each one:
4. Click on the "Summarize" menu and select "Statistics"
the following dialog box will appear:
5. Click on "Weight" then click on arrow head that is pointing away from Weight.
6. Click on the "Stats" tab and the following should appear.
7. Click the [Options] button and the following dialog box will appear:
8. If you click on the white boxes that do not have check marks, a check mark will appear. Do this until all the boxes have check marks then press OK. Note: the Standard deviation and Variance assume that the data come from a sample. If your data encompasses the entire population of interest, you should use another tutorial.
Back to menu